Sunday, May 27, 2012

My thoughts on trolls



Today I got my second troll comment.

Yawn.

Anti-adoption trolls come around adoption advocacy blogs and generally link to two tragic stories involving international adoption. In other words, they use the veeeeeerrrryyy rare exception as the rule.

But that's patently ridiculous.

It's like linking to a story about a father who kills his wife and kids, then proclaiming that, therefore, fathers are evil and families should be abolished.

No one but a fool would find that line of reasoning compelling.

The amusing part is that the trolls also link to other stories that have lovely outcomes and happy endings, and they use those good stories as "evidence" of the evils of adoption as well! That part makes me laugh!

These trolls are not clear thinkers. They need to be prayed for -- and they need to be ignored.

+++++++

Meanwhile, have you seen beautiful Celine? She faces imminent institutionalization, and she has a huge grant already available for her adoption!


+++++++

Also, don't forget to enter the iPad giveaway to bring Ava ("Yulia") home! Even if you only share it on your facebook page or blog, you will get an entry in the giveaway. If you can donate, you will get even more entries:


And, if you donate $35 or more, you not only get multiple entries into the giveaway, you also get a beautiful handmade baby blanket (here are three of your choices -- front and back views):



Thank you for donating and/or sharing, and God bless!!




.








6 comments:

  1. On dealing with trolls, I saw this great advice from Jenny Lawson, aka The Bloggess: edit the troll's comment so that it says something like, "I admire you so much and I just want you to know how much I wan to be like you." She did this with every troll comment on her blog, and after awhile they stopped coming back.

    PS - Celine is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am calling my recent troll fiasco, "the mother of all trolls," Since it ended up being my best friend and a group of hers. It was real nice. They are miserable people bent on doing Satan's work. They will have to answer for it some day. It's appalling, but after a while, completely laughable. I've guess you've made it big since you've been targeted. lol.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kara... I'm so sorry that happened to you! I can sympathize. My sister is so opposed to our adoption that she has contacted our adoption ministry and filed a false report with CPS.

      Delete
    2. Lisa, that is disgusting!!! I am so sorry.

      Delete
    3. Ugh, Lisa. I remember you mentioning that on FB. This was painful enough. It was a huge plan orchestrated by her. I trusted her. I can't imagine how much it hurts to have family do something so heinous.

      Delete
  3. sthenryii, that is hilarious!! And Kara, that was so obnoxious. There are a lot of miserable people in this world.

    ReplyDelete