Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sonny and Trina prove why it's so urgent.




Do you see the sweet little redheaded boy on the right side of your screen? That was Sonny before he was transferred to the institution. Still at the baby house, he had a joyful countenance, no dried out lips or cuts on his face. They didn't shave his hair off back then. He had access to toys and books and probably had some childlike fun. 

Then it stopped. At age five or six, these babies get sent to the adult mental institution. The child on the left does not even resemble his former self, does he? I think it's shocking. He is still adoptable, however. Please God, get Sonny and others like him out of that place!




One of the most time-sensitive situations on RR right now is Trina. She is almost sixteen (doesn't look it!) and soon will be legally out of luck, with no chance of adoption, spending the rest of her life in the institution. I hate, hate, hate that they shave her head.

No child should be in that place. May God lead her family to her before she loses all hope for a future.



I know that it's not possible for many of us to adopt right now. But there are many who are able, and who would do so, but they just haven't known of the need. Please, as always, will you spread the word? You may not realize it this side of Heaven, but perhaps your simple actions will change a child's life.






.

12 comments:

  1. Oh it makes it so hard to sleep! As I say my prayers every night, I see these sweet faces! Can we just start a Village somewhere?? Bring all these sweet kids here. . .where they can be loved and cared for??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becki, how beautiful that would be! I do rejoice at the thought that we will see these beautiful children, joyful, in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Region 9 is sooooo bad. I hope many of them find mommies. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear God, what the hell is going on? I just do not understand the cruelty. It's like some sick dream....Actually, I don't have nightmares this bad.....Poor Trina, and you are right, why the hell did they shave her head? I don't get it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Their eyes do not lie........................................................

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think sometimes its age 4 or 5.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why on earth do they shave their heads? That's awful. Just for their own convenience? Please. Please God, help us right our financial situation so we can bring one of these children into our family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SC, I am sure it is for convenience. And I guess to cut down on any lice issues? But seriously, how dehumanizing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leila, this popped ip on my fb feed today as I shared it 4 years ago. And now, Trina is gone. She has no hope. Sonny is stuck and this is just heartbreaking! So sad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly devastating. Jesus, I trust in you.

    ReplyDelete