Sunday, June 17, 2012

I never hear about Hayley, but she is special

There is a wonderful RR facebook page that provides much information, advocacy, and general love for the orphans. Some orphans on RR are better known and championed than others, which is to be expected. 

So, I thought I would put a little face out there who doesn't get much "air time". Two-year-old Hayley:



She is so beautiful. Surely someone will want her?

And since I am profiling the "lesser-knowns", let me put Vlad's face out there again, in case his future mama is reading:




Click here for a link to all the HIV+ children who are age 10 or over (it's not an overwhelming number, I promise). They have no future in their own countries; their lives will be bleak once they age out of the orphanages, to say the least. It is imperative that they find homes in America. One of those desperate for a home is this beauty, Marjorie:

Click the photo for more info on Marjorie

If you are afraid of adopting an older child with HIV, please, I beg you to read this story, written just days ago. You will be filled with joy, I promise:


Wow is all I can say. And praise God.

We need more stories like that! 




.


6 comments:

  1. Oh, look at those faces. Vlad, sigh.

    Thanks for posting about the HIV+ children. I was thinking of doing a post about why not to be afraid of adopting a child with such a condition. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, okay, just read that story. Amazing! Praise God is right! Little Maria is a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want Hayley. Sigh!! Can I have like a million kids please?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In this post I talked some about what it's like to raise a child with HIV. Our child was older when adopted.

    http://wonderofboys.blogspot.com/2012/06/monday-miracle-george-and-teamwork.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I'm happy to post more about raising kids with HIV or answer any specific questions if people have them.

    ReplyDelete