Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Margaret has died. Please don't let Giselle meet the same fate.


Today the Reece's Rainbow community got word that little Margaret, who had a family ready to commit, has died. She is the sixth child featured on RR known to have died this year. There may be others we don't yet know about. All of them were available for adoption, all died while waiting to be rescued.

And so my heart turns to five-year-old Giselle. I worry so much about Giselle, and I don't want her to be the next little one to give up. Giselle is oh, so fragile. Looking at her, you'd think she'd break if touched. 

Just imagine how good nutrition, medical care, and a family's love would help turn this child from a broken, dying flower into a giggly, rosy-cheeked dynamo! Picture her with color in her face, a twinkle in her eye, and long flowing locks! Can you just see her as Mommy's girl and Daddy's princess?

But instead, she is languishing, frail and weak. She is severely malnourished, and the bitterly cold winter is approaching in Eastern Europe. Many orphanages there do not have heat. And Giselle has no body fat to keep her warm.


Click photo for more info. Giselle's most tragic diagnosis, to me, is the severe malnutrition. The other diagnoses may or may not be accurate. Sometimes, when a child gets home to proper medical care in America, diagnoses change or disappear.


From her profile, we read the simple truth:
Miss Giselle has struggled her whole life. She desperately needs a loving family of her own. She is facing imminent transfer.
My instinct tells me that she will not survive long after transfer. Please consider that she might be your daughter. And if you know that she cannot be, please pray for her, that she may stay strong and not lose hope, and that a family may get to her soon.

And I beg you to share this, even (and especially) if you have never shared the orphans before. You might be surprised at the response. And you could be responsible for saving a child's life.


+++++++


This appeal for Giselle is made in loving memory of Margaret, who never made it to an earthly home, but is now home with God.

10 comments:

  1. I donated to Giselle in Margaret's honor.

    I wish I could adopt all these kids and bring them to the states.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I can't thank you enough. What a beautiful gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so sad and such a shame it costs so much to take one of these kids out of their desparate situation :( I'd have several if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Considerer, I know, it is a shame, truly. There are a few kids on RR who have full or nearly full grants, though, and I hope someone whose only consideration is the cost will go and get them! Megan and Heath, for example. And Preston, Brent… Many with big grants. I don't know why they still wait. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know of anywhere in the UK that has the same kind of scheme as RR? I don't think RR will let me ever adopt, being not American.

      Delete
    2. Actually you should email the folks at RR for that info. You can always adopt these kids outside of RR, since RR is not an adoption agency, but a grant agency and advocacy ministry. Give it a try! :)

      Delete
  5. This little girl touched my heart at first sight, and that never happens (I'm not much of a softie) If I had the money I would.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katharine, pray about it! Some people have fundraised the whole amount. And she has over $2,000 already in her fund. :)

      Delete